Human BDNF(Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor) ELISA Kit
This ELISA kit applies to the in vitro quantitative determination of Human BDNF concentrations in serum, plasma and other biological fluids.
This ELISA kit uses the Sandwich-ELISA principle. The micro ELISA plate provided in this kit has been pre-coated with an antibody specific to Human BDNF. Standards or samples are added to the micro ELISA plate wells and combined with the specific antibody. Then a biotinylated detection antibody specific for Human BDNF and Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) conjugate are added successively to each micro plate well and incubated. Free components are washed away. The substrate solution is added to each well. Only those wells that contain Human BDNF, biotinylated detection antibody and Avidin-HRP conjugate will appear blue in color. The enzyme-substrate reaction is terminated by the addition of stop solution and the color turns yellow. The optical density (OD) is measured spectrophotometrically at a wavelength of 450 nm ± 2 nm. The OD value is proportional to the concentration of Human BDNF. You can calculate the concentration of Human BDNF in the samples by comparing the OD of the samples to the standard curve.
|Detection Range||31.25—2000 pg/mL|
|Sample Volume Required Per Well||100μL|
|Sample Type||serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
This kit recognizes Human BDNF in samples. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Human BDNF and analogues was observed.
As the OD values of the standard curve may vary according to the conditions of the actual assay performance (e.g. operator, pipetting technique, washing technique or temperature effects), the operator should establish a standard curve for each test. Typical standard curve and data is provided below for reference only.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Human BDNF were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Human BDNF were tested on 3 different plates, 20 replicates in each plate.
|Intra-assay Precision||Inter-assay Precision|
|C V (%)||5.48||5.39||4.10||5.87||4.21||3.70|
The recovery of Human BDNF spiked at three different levels in samples throughout the range of the assay was evaluated in various matrices.
|Sample Type||Range (%)||Average Recovery (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||88-100||93|
|Cell culture media (n=5)||92-106||100|
Samples were spiked with high concentrations of Human BDNF and diluted with Reference Standard & Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the range of the assay.
|Serum (n=5)||EDTA plasma (n=5)||Cell culture media (n=5)|
Kit components & Storage
An unopened kit can be stored at 4℃ for 1 month. If the kit is not used within 1 month, store the items separately according to the following conditions once the kit is received.
|Micro ELISA Plate(Dismountable)||8 wells ×12 strips||-20℃, 6 months|
|Reference Standard||2 vials|
|Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100×)||1 vial, 120 μL|
|Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100×)||1 vial, 120 μL||-20℃(shading light), 6 months|
|Reference Standard & Sample Diluent||1 vial, 20 mL||4℃, 6 months|
|Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|Concentrated Wash Buffer (25×)||1 vial, 30 mL|
|Substrate Reagent||1 vial, 10 mL||4℃(shading light)|
|Stop Solution||1 vial, 10 mL||4℃|
|Plate Sealer||5 pieces|
|Product Description||1 copy|
|Certificate of Analysis||1 copy|
Note: All reagent bottle caps must be tightened to prevent evaporation and microbial pollution.
The volume of reagents in partial shipments is a little more than the volume marked on the label, please use accurate measuring equipment instead of directly pouring into the vial(s).
Other supplies required
- Microplate reader with 450 nm wavelength filter
- High-precision transfer pipette, EP tubes and disposable pipette tips
- Incubator capable of maintaining 37℃
- Deionized or distilled water
- Absorbent paper
- Loading slot for Wash Buffer
1.Add 100 μL standard or sample to each well. Incubate for 90 min at 37℃.
2.Remove the liquid.
3.Add 100 μL Biotinylated Detection Ab. Incubate for 1 hour at 37℃. Aspirate and wash 3 times.
4.Add 100 μL HRP Conjugate. Incubate for 30 min at 37℃. Aspirate and wash 5 times.
5.Add 90 μL of Substrate Reagent. Incubate for 15 min at 37℃.
6.Add 50 μL Stop Solution.
7.Read at 450 nm immediately. Calculation of results.
- Publication: Mohd Lazaldin M A, Iezhitsa I, Agarwal R, et al. Neuroprotective effects of brain‐derived neurotrophic factor against amyloid beta 1‐40‐induced retinal and optic nerve damage[J]. European Journal of Neuroscience, 2020.
Sample Type: Tissue homogenate
- Publication: Rada M P, Ciortea R, M?lu?an A M, et al. The profile of urinary biomarkers in overactive bladder[J]. Neurourology and Urodynamics, 2020.
Sample Type: Urine
- Publication: Mohammed H M, Ahmed O G, Khedr E M H, et al. Potential role of transforming growth factor β1 and brain derived neurotrophic factor in Alzheimer and multi-infarct dementias[J]. Bulletin of Egyptian Society for Physiological Sciences, 2020, 40(2): 103-112.
Sample Type: Serum
- Publication: Saidu A, Hassan S, Mohammed A S, et al. Circulating brain-derived neurotrophic factor level in patients with primary open angle glaucoma[J]. Sahel Medical Journal, 2019, 22(4): 164.
Sample Type: Serum
- Publication: Hassan T M, Yarube I U. Peripheral brain-derived neurotrophic factor is reduced in stroke survivors with cognitive impairment[J]. Pathophysiology, 2018, 25(4): 405-410.
Sample Type: Serum